A business associate recently attended a Small Business presentation by Diane Buckner, whom most of us will recognize as the lady who introduces the ”Dragon’s Den” on TV – Here is what he said are Diane’s 10 Top Pointers for Small Business, which to my mind is the same as the 10 Top Pointers for successful sales:
- 10 – Tuned in to trends – Use of “Twitter” and other Social Media.
- 9 – Talk about what you are good at – Stay on a positive note at all times.
- 8 – Tough times are not always bad times. It Opens the door for new methods of creativity.
- 7 – PASSION – you must have a passion for what you do – without losing sight for what is practical.
- 6 – Be Brief –Be conscious of knowing when to speak and when to shut up.
- 5 – Show Respect – even if people don’t agree with you.
- 4 – Address the needs of the people you are soliciting.
- 3 – It is just as important to know your weaknesses as it is to know your strengths.
- 2 – It is important to work hard – but not too hard. Maintain an even keel.
- 1 – PERSISTENCE – Stick with the plan – Never give up.
Thanks to my colleague for sharing this as there are lessons in it for us all.