The Internet has opened up a whole new world for sales people. With just a few clicks, we can find millions of websites that promise to give us free tools and information to help us sell more. The problem is it is very time consuming to sort through all of those websites to find those that truly contain useful information, from those that are only hidden sales pitches in disguise.
The Sales Professionals of Ottawa (SPO) recently hosted an interactive webinar where sales people shared their favorite sales tools. The great thing was this was an online discussion based on recommendations of happy users, and not sales pitches from vendors.
Here are the highlights of the session. I have also included some tools that I highly recommend as well. All the sales tools listed are free.
- Joe’s Goals is a simple yet powerful tool to make tracking your goals the easiest part of accomplishing them. www.joesgoals.com
- Jigsaw is a business directory where you can find contact and company information, including phone and email for both public and private companies. Works on a points system so you give contacts to get contacts. www.jigsaw.com
- United Conferencing is an international conference call service. Users can dial in from over 30 countries. No need to register or schedule ahead of time, simply choose an access code to send to participants. Can also handle reoccurring calls. www.unitedconferencing.com
- Join Me is a screen sharing service for Windows, Mac and mobile. Great for sales presentations or training sessions, when your screen is shared, it is like everyone is in your office looking over your shoulder at your computer screen. https://join.me
- myBrainshark is a tool that allows you to turn presentations and marketing materials into voice-enriched videos that can be shared on places like YouTube. You can record PowerPoint presentations, narrate white papers, produce podcasts, or create video resumes. www.mybrainshark.com
- Sales opportunities are often created when a significant change or trigger occurs within a company. Keep track of the latest news on your best customers and prospects with a monitoring and notification service like www.changedetection.com or www.google.com/alerts
Many more sales tips, tools and information were discussed in the SPO webinar. We will be sharing those and others on our LinkedIn Group. Do you have a favorite sales tool? We’d love for you to join the discussion!
If you would like to know more information on how B2B Sales Connections can help you achieve your sales potential, check out our Coaching Services. As one client recently stated, “Our company hired Susan in mid 2011 as our sales coach. I have been working with her since then. She has helped me make more appointments, close more deals and make more money. The 3 most important concepts in sales. I would recommend any sales force hire her to help boost business sales and build trust and integrity with your clients.”