I was once asked in an interview with www.socialagendamedia.com, “If you were given 90 days to penetrate your sales channel, based on everything you’ve learned from your current company and activities in the market, what steps would you undertake?”
My answer was simply to implement a DRIP Marketing Plan.
- Define my target market and create a list of potential prospects.
- Obtain the correct and complete contact information for the Key Decision Maker (KDM) within each target company.
- Execute a first contact plan for the KDM using a diversified prospecting approach including email, telephone, and other prospecting techniques that prove successful following lead generation tracking.
- When first contact is made, execute a pre-qualifying plan designed to answer 3 basic questions: Is this really a prospect? If so, are they a prospect today? If they’re not a prospect today, then when might they be?
- If the prospect passes all pre-qualifying criteria, open the sales process. If not, file in the CRM system until the prospects buying cycle determines further sales contact.
You can read other sales experts answers to the same question at 9 Awesome B2B Marketing Tips: Steps To Undertake To Penetrate Your Sales Channel In 90 Days.
For detailed information and specifics on how to create your own DRIP Marketing Plan, check out my book, Action Plan For Sales Success – Not just what to do, but how to do it! It will walk you through the process above, step by step. Or if you would like to bounce some ideas around about your own DRIP Marketing Plan, book a free strategy session with me here.